Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep: 25 minutes plus cooling and freezing
Bake: 10 minutes • Makes: 20 sandwiches
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (1-1/2 sticks), softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 bag (11.5 to 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
5 cups ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
2. In separate medium bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat sugars, butter, cocoa and salt 1 minute; scrape bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to medium-high and beat 2 to 3 minutes or until creamy, scraping bowl occasionally.
3. Reduce speed to medium. Add water and vanilla extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. Reduce speed to low. Gradually beat in flour mixture, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Fold in chocolate chunks.
4. Using 2 small spoons, drop approximately 2 tablespoons cookie dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets on wire rack, then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
5. Place 1/4 cup ice cream between 2 cookies and press together gently. Wrap sandwiches in plastic wrap and freeze at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 sandwiches):
641 Calories, 31g Fat (18g Saturated), 109mg Cholesterol, 476mg Sodium, 84g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 6g Protein