Prep: 10 minutes • Bake: 15 minutes • Serves: 4
2 large egg whites
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 cups cornflakes, crushed into coarse crumbs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 tilapia fillets (about 2 pounds)
1 small lemon, cut in half
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
1 tablespoon chopped red onion
1. Prepare Fish: Preheat oven to 350°. Spray rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In wide, shallow dish, whisk egg whites until frothy. In separate wide, shallow dish, combine garlic, cornflake crumbs, parsley, basil, lemon pepper and lemon zest.
2. Dip each tilapia fillet in egg whites, then in cornflake crumb mixture, patting lightly so mixture adheres to both sides. Place tilapia on prepared baking pan.
3. Bake tilapia 15 to 20 minutes or until tilapia turns opaque throughout and reaches an internal temperature of 145°.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Avocado Sauce: In food processor with knife blade attached, blend all ingredients until mixture is well combined, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula.
5. Squeeze juice from lemon over tilapia and serve with Avocado Sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving:
339 Calories, 5g Fat (1g Saturated), 102mg Cholesterol, 408mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 46g Protein