Prep: 40 minutes plus cooling and chilling • Bake: 30 minutes • Makes: 24 brownies
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 large eggs
1-1/2 cups chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1-1/2 sticks)
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 13 x 9-inch baking dish with aluminum foil with overhanging sides; spray with cooking spray.
2. Prepare Brownie: In small saucepot, heat stout to boiling over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes or until reduced to about 2/3 cup. Remove from heat; cool.
3. In large bowl, with mixer on medium-low speed, beat sugar and butter 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula after each addition. Add chocolate syrup, vanilla extract and stout; beat until combined. Add flour and salt; beat just until combined. Pour batter into prepared dish.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of brownie comes out clean; cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate brownie at least 1 hour or overnight.
5. Prepare Cream Filling: In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat powdered sugar and butter 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping sides occasionally; turn off mixer. Add Irish cream; beat on low speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Evenly spread filling over surface of brownies; refrigerate while preparing glaze.
6. Prepare Chocolate Glaze: In large bowl, add chocolate morsels and whiskey. In small saucepot, heat butter and corn syrup to boiling over medium heat; pour over chocolate mixture and let stand 2 minutes. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth; evenly spread glaze over surface of filling layer.
7. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Use foil to lift brownie out of dish. Cut brownie lengthwise into 4 strips, the cut each crosswise into 6 bars.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 529 Calories, 20g Fat (13g Saturated), 71mg Cholesterol, 112mg Sodium, 82g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 3g Protein
Use a large knife dipped in warm water and wiped dry to cut brownies. Wipe the knife blade clean and dip in warm water between cuts.